Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Bites Recipe
September 18, 2022
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Bites
5 ingredients · 1 hour · 18 servings
1/3 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup All Natural Peanut Butter
1. Line a plate or a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Add the coconut to the warm pan and
toast it for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring often, until golden brown. Transfer the toasted coconut
to a small bowl or plate to cool.
3. Set up a double boiler: Fill a medium pot with an inch of water and place a smaller pot or
heat-safe bowl on top ensuring the water is not touching the bottom of the smaller pot or
bowl. The smaller pot or bowl should rest tightly on top of the pot and any water or steam
should not be able to escape. Bring water to a boil then reduce to lowest heat.
4. Add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the smaller pot and allow the coconut oil to melt.
Stir in the cocoa powder until thickened and smooth.
5. Add in the peanut butter and stir until well combined and a soft dough forms. Remove
6. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls then gently press or roll each ball in the toasted coconut
to evenly coat all sides and place on the prepared baking sheet or plate.
7. Freeze for about 30 minutes or until solid then transfer to an airtight container in the
Keep refrigerated for up to a week or freeze for up to three months. Bites will start to melt at room temperature.
One serving is one ball.
Add vanilla extract or sea salt.
No Peanut Butter
Use sunflower seed butter or other nut butter instead.
Do you want more recipes like this?